The IVTW2013 agenda (with presentations) is online
Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute, KASI, is pleased to host the 2nd International VLBI Technology Workshop in Seogwipo (seo-gwi-po), on Jeju Island of South Korea from 10th to 12th October, 2013.
The southern district of Jeju Island hosts one of the Korean VLBI Network (the KVN1) sites, Tamna Station, and is a renowned resort area in the Pacific Ocean.
The venue will be the International Convention Center of Jeju Island ([http://www.iccjeju.co.kr/EN/Main]), which is about 7km from the KVN Tamna station.
Please fill the IVTW2013 registration form below for participation:
IVTW2013 registration form
All IVTW2013 participants should register. The list of registered participants is to be found here.
- 31 May, 2013 - 1st announcement
- 15 June, 2013 - Registration open
- 15 July, 2013 - 2nd announcement
- 15 September, 2013 - Abstract submission deadline
- 20 September, 2013 - Final announcement
- 30 September 2013 - Registration deadline
- As before, IVTW2013 keeps a focus on e-VLBI.
- In addition topics of Digital backends, Data recording/buffer systems, Correlators, Analog signal chain and other related science are welcome.
- Observatory reports, summarising the status in the community: Available receivers, e-connectivity, developments in the pipeline, etc
- IVTW2013 will have special sessions on
- Time and Frequency Standard in e-VLBI era
- Wideband instrumental calibration system
- An icebreaker reception at ICC is planned on the evening of 9th October.
Directly following the IVTW 2013, from 14 to 18 October, the DiFX workshop will be held in the KVN Tamna Observatory.
For more details of DiFX workshop, please contact Jongsoo Kim (rk.er.isak|miksj#rk.er.isak|miksj).
A number of accommodation options are suggested in the Accommodation listings. There are very many alternatives, as this is a popular tourist spot.
Access to Jeju Island:
Jeju Island(Jeju International Airport) has good access to international flights.
Access to ICC Jeju:
For the adventurous one could also come by Ferry. More details via the Access page.
Registration & Abstract submission:
Registration page opened on 15 June 2013.
The number of IVTW2013 participants is limited to 100 people.
The registration fee is 100,000 Korean Won in Cash (~$100)
This covers lunch boxes on all three days, coffee breaks, and workshop dinner on Friday, 11 Oct.
The fee will be collected at the registration desk at the meeting in Cash. Please ensure that you have sufficient funds.
In nearly all cases visitors who plan to stay in Korea less than 90 days can enter Korea without visa. This is also true for the Chinese coming to Jeju. Please check whether you need a visa at http://www.mofa.go.kr/ENG/visa/application/index.jsp?menu=m_40_10.
If you need an invitation letter for your visa, please send your request via email.
Contact: ivtw2013 at kasi.re.kr